Thursday, October 22, 2009
Are you a breastfeeding Mom?
I wanted to share with anyone who is currently breastfeeding, has friends that are, are currently expecting and plan to breastfeed or maybe need a great breastfeeding gift for someone...this fabulous product that I have come across. It is called the Milkies Milk Saver. I discovered it by accident during my most recent pregnancy with Lexi. Lexi is now 5 1/2 weeks old and I have used it quite a bit and absolutely love it. You use it on the opposite side that the baby is nursing from and it catches the milk during the let down phase. Therefore, it keeps it from going to waste into a nursing pad and viola you get to start building your milk supply and haven't even used a pump, not to mention the time you are saving since you are already feeding baby. I will still begin pumping in the next week or so to help build my supply up even more as I will be returning to work part time the beginning of December. However, if you are a stay at home mom, I feel this is such a great product that you could quite possibly save yourself the expense of a breast pump. The first two days that I used the Milkie I was able to store about 24 oz. of milk, wow that is quite a bit of milk that would have just gone to waste. Now I will admit that I have a really strong milk supply and of course the results from one person to the next are going to vary. However, according to the milkie milk saver website, most women release 2-4 oz. during the let down phase. I have had times that it has been close to 4 oz., but on average, for me it is about 3 oz. each time I use it. I have become a little lazy with it, so I haven't been using it at every feeding, but still have built up a pretty good stock in the freezer without any pumping. :-) I actually just leave it on the other breast until she is done feeding as I continue to drip even after the let down phase and this way some of the hind (the more fatty milk) is going in there too. Check out the milkie milk saver online at http://www.mymilkies.com/. I have also included a photo here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment